Monday 6 July 2009

Starting all over again

What a strange feeling - due to an eye problem I've been trying to limit any eye-intensive stuff for the last month or so although that's essentially impossible to do at work. Given that, I've been attempting to avoid photography and online social activity as much as I can - both require a bit of any eye work-out. I'll admit to failing occasionally with the latter but I've hardly touched the camera at all recently but we tried to become reacquainted again the other day.

Since I'm so new to photography some of my lessons haven't quite sunk in. I feel like an athlete (I don't look like one) who's been on the injured list for a while and has to slowly get back into the swing of things.

Or perhaps my memory is just going...

Anyway, the eye is a lot better but there's still a month or two to go, but I might start writing the odd blog post again. Fortunately this little episode coincided with a break from summit duties so I haven't missed out on any great sunsets I could have photographed from Mauna Kea, so settled for this one taken the other day from home. Actually, it was taken about 15-minutes after sunset but the sky looked so colourful I thought I'd give it a try. Not my best (hell, I couldn't remember how to set the camera up!) but I think it looks quite nice.

Thanks to everyone who's wished me well during the last few weeks - I really appreciate your thoughts and wishes!

5 comments:

Zuzana said...

Aw, sorry that you have health problems.:( I hope you will be fully recovered soon.
The image on the top is beautiful.;)

Keera Ann Fox said...

I like the sunset pic, too. Nice to have you back, Tom!

Diane said...

Glad things are looking better! No pun intended ;)

It takes a long time for my lessons to sink in, too. Sigh.

:)

alice said...

Take your time and take care... thanks to the wonders of rss feeds, we're reading, whether you post once a day or once a month!

Your pics and stories living in one of the most beautiful places on earth are worth the wait, so don't rush any of it!

Tom said...

Thank you, everyone!