Friday 24 July 2009

Home alone

Maybe I should drink more orange juice or something, take vitamin pills or just stop shaking hands. I don't know, but I'm down with the flu or a cold or something, not sure which. I could tell if the thermometer I have worked but the battery no longer works and I don't have the energy to leave the house and buy a new one. What a way to spend a Friday night. I wanted to spend the day in bed but it's been so hot and humid here it was just too unpleasant a thought, so sat in front of a fan watching old Frasier episodes. I'm such a fun guy these days...

At least I can keep recycling some old photos. This new computer may not be great but it's certainly a lot faster than my old one and I don't have to wait a few hours to create a panorama for instance. So here are a few photos I managed to get through today. Hope you like them and I'll be back to normal soon.

Sunset clouds (yet again). They may look familiar but I don't think I've posted this particular shot before.

I like this one because it shows the transition between light and darkness. Half the clouds are lit by sunlight and the others are in shadow. I've posted part of this before but not the panorama.

Hualalai volcano in the distance and lots of falling ice, or at least someone would be falling if they got a little closer. Another shot from last winter.

A real wintry scene. I don't think I altered this very much from the first time I posted it, I just like it because unless you're familiar with the place the last thing you'd think is this was taken in Hawai`i.

One of my favourites. It's an HDR image and I'm slowly losing my enthusiasm for the technique, but it can produce some beautiful pictures even if they don't look real. When I first posted this it didn't have the cinder cones on the left but I think they now add something to the shot, although perhaps just some more shadows.

2 comments:

Zuzana said...

Lovely shots as always. I love he ones of the bloodred sky.
I hope you will get better soon, it is annoying to fight a flue in the summer. Have a great weekend.;)

Beep said...

I am so sorry to read that you have been sick. Although the photos are great :) and I LIKE Frasier, lol. I guess I aspire to become a boring old lady. I've got some kind of flu thing right now and the heat should have KILLED it; not sure what is going on here but I'm sure the Gov of CA slashed the funds which would have helped us find out ;) It never occurred to me to watch tv. Hmm that would be relaxing! Anyway get well soon!!!